Friday, May 4, 2012

2 for 1! Challenge Days 6 & 7

I know I have been terribly behind on this, and for that I apologize!  The new job doesn't permit painted nails, so I'm limited to doing this on my days off -- which are sporadic to say the best.

As an apology, I'm offering a 2 for 1 post!  That's right: Challenge Days 6 & 7 together in one post!  First off, Day 6: Purple


Keeping it short and sweet, I picked up a new purple (!!!) by L'Oreal: "Paparazzi Pleaser".  Two thin coats of that was topped off with Sally Hansen's "Glass Slipper" for an almost Flakie effect (love it).  Finishing touches are courtesy of Sephora by OPI's "Matte Top Coat".

Challenge Day 7 was Black and White.  I broke the rules at work (don't tell!) and kept this on for my shifts as I thought it was fairly subtle. 

Bonus knitting in background!
The knitting looks much neater in this one.
I did a quick French Tip with Essie's "Blanc," and used Sally Hansen's "Black Out" to add in some swoopy things.  This was the first time using the paint brush selected, and I must say it was a learning experience!  My thumb is the only one that turned out like I wanted, but practice makes perfect and I'm sure next time things will turn out great!

Did I mention I have a new job that doesn't allow for painted nails?  Oh, well, I do.  But!!!  I have the next 2 days off (!) so I should be able to get Challenge Day 8: Metallics up before the weekend is out!

Enjoy your Friday (and weekends) everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment